You are here

Mix and match Midi Samples

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Mix and match Midi Samples

Postby pitza » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:49 pm

Mix and Match Midi samples
Hi, I bought a book years ago called The Midi Files by Rob Young which came with a disc containing a set of mix and match midi samples, there were many music styles eg. rock, ballad, sixties etc set at different BPM and inside each style was a set of mix and match basic 4 chord sequencers ( C, Am, Dm and G) for Drums, Base, Guitar and keyboards which could be mixed and matched to build a basic framework for a song to paste into a PC sequencer, and this is how I have written many songs but I am now looking for a more modern set of samples in a mix and match format in modern styles. I have trawled the net but its a minefield out there so any help or links would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
Pitza.
pitza
Poster

Re: Mix and match Midi Samples

Postby BJG145 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Sounds a bit like the construction kit idea. There are plenty of those, depending on what style you write in. You might also try taking a look at Band in a Box. But I'm inclined to suggest you forget about this stuff, get a keyboard, and learn how to input the chords yourself.
BJG145
Frequent Poster

Re: Mix and match Midi Samples

Postby tim_obrien » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:10 pm

You could also look around for midi songs in the style you want and simply copy/paste midi notes out of them...
tim_obrien
Regular