You are here

Anyone using an Echo Mia with Windows 8?

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Anyone using an Echo Mia with Windows 8?

Postby photvid » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi - I am contemplating a new PC build and thought I might as well give Windows 8 a go. However, I still have an ancient Echo Audio MIA PCI soundcard and was wondering if anyone is running it successfully under Win8? The Echo Audio webpage doesn't explicitly list Win8 as a supported platform, so just wanted to make sure the Win7 drivers will work fine.

Thanks!
photvid
Poster

Re: Anyone using an Echo Mia with Windows 8?

Postby twotoedsloth » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:55 pm

Is it the 3.3 volt or the 5 volt card? If it is the latter, you might be out of luck. Most motherboards still have a PCI slot but they are usually of the 3.3 volt variety.
twotoedsloth
Frequent Poster

Re: Anyone using an Echo Mia with Windows 8?

Postby photvid » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:36 am

ah, that's a good point. According to the specs the old Echo MIA is 5v. Their website states though that all their PCI products are still compatible with 3.3V. Having said that, the old Echo MIA is not listed anymore as a product, only the newer Echo MIA MIDI....so I don't necessarily trust that statement.

Ah well, I was tempted by a new soundcard anyways...so if the Echo MIA works, great, if not, I'll just have to treat myself to a new soundcard!

Thanks for your help!
photvid
Poster