You are here

RECORDING LIGHT?

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

RECORDING LIGHT?

Postby GreenManSwaler » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:44 pm

Is there such a thing as an automated switch which (via a USB relay perhaps, like one of these http://www.sigma-shop.com/category/15/usb-relays.html) will turn on a light (red obviously!) outside my studio when I am actually recording, ie linked to the DAW transport panel record button?

I realise manually switching a light would be simple but it would be forgotten and left on or off.....

Off course moving on from the above, surely a simple matter for someone in the know to write a program which would display an obvious icon or pop up when someone was trying to get in, with suitable lit responses relayed to the other end?

OR has it been done/no one else is fussy enough type thing????????

Cheers in advance.
GreenManSwaler
Regular

Re: RECORDING LIGHT?

Postby BJG145 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:20 pm

BJG145
Frequent Poster

Postby Scramble » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:31 pm

But if you're that fussy, tieing it to the record button wouldn't be enough, because you want to stop someone coming in just as you are pressing the record button. So an illuminated switch attached your desk or table, right next to your keyboard, might be a better idea.
Scramble
Frequent Poster

Postby ef37a » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:14 pm

I thought about this about 3 years ago when son was working and we did not know if it was safe to knock on the bedroom door.

I couldn't work anything out at the time but upon reflection a better idea is a bell push outside that triggers a flashing LED on both sides of the door. He would then cancel it and open the door when ready.
Never got around to building it tho, now he has buggered off to La Belle France!...Err, how's this for OT? What is the most secure (not cheapest or fastest) way to ship a laptop to France?

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

#They did not listen, they are not listening still...Perhaps they never will?#

Postby DerekFisher » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:56 am

Till date its never made because nobody felt the need. Well the circuit construction wouldn't be difficult for anyone involved in business of electronic circuit making neither would it cost You much.
DerekFisher

Postby GreenManSwaler » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:27 pm

DerekFisher wrote:Till date its never made because nobody felt the need. Well the circuit construction wouldn't be difficult for anyone involved in business of electronic circuit making neither would it cost You much.

Apparently somebody has felt the need

http://www.punchlight.com/?q=dli
GreenManSwaler
Regular

Postby DerekFisher » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:07 am

Good to know that You finally got it.
DerekFisher