You are here

Program files x86

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Program files x86

Postby Wiseau » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:17 am

As long as a computer works, we're friends, I wouldn't have a clue how to fix one.

What is program files x86 in windows7 64bit and why is it causing problems in cubase6?.

Waves plugins - Wave shell not found - no licences found when they are on my ilok key. Other plugins get put in there and then don't work. 32bit windows in another computer -fine.

Any info would be great.
Wiseau
Regular

Re: Program files x86

Postby Skerrick » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:47 am

hey man, so in the x86 program files folder there should be all your cubase stuff that you should respectively use with the 64bit version of the software.. it should be where youre installing plugins and storing samples to use and access from within cubase..
i know with FL studio if i wanna dump samples or whatever into the browser or install a plugin (although FL automatically registers and locates installed plugins - i dont know about cubase) i look for the image line folder where all the FL stuff is kept and whack it into that respective FL folder.
dont use the regular program files folder if youre on a 64 bit system.. then again, im only telling you what ive heard, but apparently you can get most DAW's in 32 and 64 bit versions... you MIGHT have a 32 bit version installed on a 64 bit system, in which case DO use the regular "program files" folder OR get a different 64bit version of cubase.
hope i could be of some help, i dont use cubase so i dont know quite how it operates but yeah i imagine it could possibly be one of those probs.. i vaguely remember reading something about it somewhere...
Skerrick
Regular

Postby The Elf » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:20 am

Cubase is very fussy about which 32-bit plug-ins it will play nicely with.

I've replaced the vast majority of my 32-bit plugs with 64-bit versions, but there are still some 32-bit plugs I have to use, so I've placed these in a special 'VSTPlugins 32-bit' folder within my Cubase 64-bit installation folder and copied many of my 32-bit plugs into there (avoiding duplicating 64-bit plugs). By trial and error I've reduced the plugs in there to the ones that are necessary, stable and reliable.

If you still need to live in a 32-bit world then run Cubase 32-bit. It's not such a big deal at the moment, but at some point in future you will need to move on.
The Elf
Jedi Poster

An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby BJG145 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:51 am

Wiseau wrote:What is program files x86 in windows7 64bit

It's for 32-bit programs. See "Mix and Match" here...

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan11/a ... e-0111.htm
BJG145
Frequent Poster

Postby Wiseau » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:40 am

Thanks for your help everyone!
Wiseau
Regular