You are here

kontakt 5 sample chopping question

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

kontakt 5 sample chopping question

Postby charlie chalk » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:35 pm

Hey peeps,

I've come across a problem in kontakt 5 regarding sample chopping.

Basically, I am using kontakt to chop a drum break and then using the drag midi file facility to copy the midi part into ableton. simple enough to do. What I also want to do; which is a problem I didnt think I'd encounter; is that I want to send the the individual hits along with the drum break and midi file to a friend so that he can use it all in fl studio. The problem is is that I cant find the separate hits, only the midi file and original wav in the project folder.

Does kontakt not store the different slices in a folder somewhere? or does it just store the reference points?

I knew there are programs such as recycle which to be honest would be perfect, but I dont have the finances. Can anyone suggest a similar cheaper program? Or is it possible to somehow export the hits from kontakt?

cheers

charlie
charlie chalk
Regular

Re: kontakt 5 sample chopping question

Postby The Korff » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:47 pm

charlie chalk wrote:or does it just store the reference points?

This, I think. Couldn't you program a MIDI part that plays each hit at a time, bounce it to audio and zap it to matey through the interwebs?
The Korff
Frequent Poster

I AM KORFF

Postby charlie chalk » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:17 pm

hey korff,

yeah, I think thats probably the best solution.

cheers

charlie
charlie chalk
Regular

Postby Fat_Stanley » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi Charlie

Did you know can save the Kontakt instrument as a 'monolith' via the 'files' menu within Kontakt (the monolith option appears when you choose to save the instrument 'as')? This will create a self contained .nki file that holds the Kontakt patch and the samples in it. Then when you send it to your mate, they'll be able to drag the .nki file into Kontakt and see all the mapping etc that you did.
Fat_Stanley