You are here

Tracktion 4 is here!

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Tracktion 4 is here!

Postby BillB » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:33 pm

Hi folks, apologies if this has been announced elsewhere.

Older PC (and Mac) DAW users may remember Tracktion, versions 1/2/3 of which received good reviews in SOS from around 2004-2008, for its (then) innovative one-window DAW solution. Tracktion was purchased by Mackie, but has not been developed by them for many years, much to the disappointment of its loyal user base.

It has now been bought back by the original developer and a couple of ex-Mackie staff, and is again under active development, with the new V4 just released for W7/8 and OSX. To quote the Tracktion website:

"The Tracktion engine has been completely re-written such that it is now fully optimized for the very latest operating systems – both Mac and PC – along with 64-bit processing, WMA, AU and WASAPI support."

So no new 'Features' as such, but the engine has been brough bang up to date. Features to follow....

More news here: http://www.tracktion.com/ and on the KVR website/forum.

Excellent news! Tracktion's one-window interface has 'inspired' Presonus Studio One, which now has a considerable head-start on development, but Tracktion was the original innovator, so we can hope for great things.

Very reasonable costs: new $59.95, upgrade (from V1, 2 or 3) $29.99

It's very early days, they have only been up and running 2 months, so the website is patchy, but I'm very happy to be patient!

BillB
Regular

Re: Tracktion 4 is here!

Postby Chevytraveller » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:00 am

This is very good news.. I have happy memories of Tracktion (V1)
Nice company and good to see it back in the hands of Jules again

Chevytraveller
Frequent Poster

Soft: MBP 15", X-Station, LogicX, Mainstage 3, Korg legacy, Diva, Alchemy,
Hard: Emulator II, E-Synth, Roland Promars, Obie TVS-1, Waldorf Q, AS Vostok, AS Telemark, AS Leipzig-S.. Eurocrack disease

Postby zenguitar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:32 am

I got Tracktion 2 with my Mackie and a free upgrade to Tracktion 3 that I took advantage of. I found it very straightforward to use and useful on some projects. Might have to take advantage of an upgrade later this year.

Andy
zenguitar

Largely, but not entirely, dysfunctional.

Postby shindigger » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Fantastic news.
I'm all invigorated.....
shindigger
Regular

Postby 4TrackMadman » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:42 pm

Tracktion was really solid on Windows XP, still have it installed just that I migrated to other DAWs as I found the Mackie effects lacking and convoluted to use.Loved the app itself. Good to see that it continues in development.
4TrackMadman
Frequent Poster