You are here

Zynewave Podium Free

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Zynewave Podium Free

Postby Sibelius19 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:04 pm

Is this program too good to be true?
I have used it only a little bit but it seems more capable than Reaper and many other nonfree programs. Tell me what you think of it. Any problems you have faced with it? Any cool features I may not know about? I think I may start using it as my primary DAW. So Far I like it better than Sonar X2 Producer (i have the demo).
Sibelius19
Regular

Re: Zynewave Podium Free

Postby Moroccomoose » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:25 pm

There are some limitations on the freeware version: (copied from their website)

Podium Free is a fully functional freeware edition of Podium. It is identical to the licensed version, except for the following limitations:

· MIDI interface setup is limited to one input and one output.
· 64-bit mixer engine option is disabled.
· Plugin multiprocessing is disabled.
· ReWire is disabled.
· Surround-sound playback is disabled.

If you want use MIDI, then I'd say necessarily 'too good to be true' and not as capable as Reaper - but then again, Reaper isn't free. However, if you can work within the freeware limitations and the workflow works for you then why not, you have nothing to lose.
Moroccomoose
Regular

Re: Zynewave Podium Free

Postby Sibelius19 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:30 pm

Strange, I have been able to do plugin multiprocessing as well as load Rewire programs. I guess I don't mean that it is more capable than reaper, but rather seems smoother. The options and tweakability of reaper are enormous.
Sibelius19
Regular