You are here

Reassign controller in Cubase?

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Reassign controller in Cubase?

Postby Rain » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi All,

I'm trying to assign the expression (volume) pedal on my keyboard (Keystation es88) to control 'expression'(midi cc11) or similar instead. The keyboard doesn't have this facility so I'm trying to set this up in Cubase (v6). This used to be very simple the last time I did this a couple of years ago but despite reading the manual and internet searching, I'm completely stuck... Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Rain
Regular

Re: Reassign controller in Cubase?

Postby BJG145 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm

BJG145
Frequent Poster

Postby Rain » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:33 pm

Thanks BJ

Yes the answer was there... it is 'possible' to do this with the input transformer if you either have a phd in Boolean logic or two or three hours to spend randomly poking around with 'logical' operations until it works

Cheers
Rain
Regular

Postby Goddard » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:46 pm

Are you trying control a VSTi in Cubase?

Been a while, but used to be able to remap/re-assign MIDI cc's pretty easily in Cubase VSTi's (in the MIDI setup options iirc). Used to do it all the time for my Phatboy controller.
Goddard
Frequent Poster

Postby Mixedup » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:39 pm

Try using the Generic Remote editor: use the learn function to identify your physical control, then assign it to whatever parameter(s) on whatever channel(s) you want.
Mixedup
Frequent Poster

Postby Rain » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:50 am

Thanks for the replies...

Yes I'm controlling VSTIs but one or two don't allow controller assignments and I wanted something generic that would write the correct cc number data as well. I did try creating a generic controller but couldn't get it to work properly... and I'm so impressed that I managed to get this working with the logical input transformer without the help of Mr Spock that I'm sticking with that!
Rain
Regular