You are here

iPad audio editor

For all other computers and operating systems, including Atari, Linux and mobile apps.

iPad audio editor

Postby Ian.stutter » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:48 am

I have recently acquired an iPad 4 and use my iPhone and iPad to record meetings and formal addresses on a regular basis, before these can be archived I need to edit them and currently have to move them on to my PC and convert the format to edit them, I have been trying to find a competent iPad based editor that will work with AIFC files of up to 3 hours but cannot find any. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Ian.stutter

Re: iPad audio editor

Postby Goddard » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:58 pm

Don't know about "AIFC", but if it's "AIFF" then perhaps do a bit of searching on iOS AudioCopy and AudioPaste.

What app is being used to record?
Goddard
Frequent Poster

Postby Ian.stutter » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:11 pm

I'm using recorder pro, app works great and aifc gives plenty of time without too much MB and ideal quality.
Ian.stutter

Postby Goddard » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:52 pm

Hmm, don't know if iOS supports copy and paste for AIFC (AIFF-C) files (iirc, it only works for AIFF and WAV files and even then only if the apps actually support it, but may also work for CAF too).

According to DAVA's FAQ, Recorder Pro's AIFC files use IMA4 compression, so whether an iOS audio editor app can even open, let alone edit, an AIFC file from Recorder Pro would likely depend upon whether the app was written so as to be capable of calling the necessary iOS routines to decode/decompress it.

I'm not aware of any AIFC-capable editing apps, but someone else may know.

You may be stuck with having to export/share the AIFC files from Recorder Pro via iTunes (which presumably can decompress and save them as AIF, if you've been exporting and editing them already on your computer), in order to be able to import and edit them on an i-device.
Goddard
Frequent Poster