You are here

Good isolator or Eliminator For Guitar

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Good isolator or Eliminator For Guitar

Postby manleyelop » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:26 pm

Can anyone suggest a good isolator or eliminator for guitar cab noise?

Noise file...http://www.sendspace.com/file/o793v6
manleyelop
Regular

Re: Good isolator or Eliminator For Guitar

Postby Gary_W » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:51 pm

Any chance of putting the file somewhere that doesn't insist on my installing a download manager (which I'm not going to do and probably few others will..). No promise I can help once I've heard it but not going to hear it at present
Gary_W
Regular

Postby manleyelop » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:44 pm

You can either copy & paste the link or Click here to start download from sendspace Easy

Or highlight link right click & open link...any help is appreciated
manleyelop
Regular

Postby Madman_Greg » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:12 pm

Gary_W wrote:Any chance of putting the file somewhere that doesn't insist on my installing a download manager (which I'm not going to do and probably few others will..). No promise I can help once I've heard it but not going to hear it at present

I would echo your concerns, the file is 499.13KB almost CDR size

Can you put it somewhere where people can play direct and make smaller as well to reduce load time.
Madman_Greg
Frequent Poster
Madman_Greg

Postby manleyelop » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:30 pm

Took me 10 seconds to click on the link & play it's a tiny file but hey no worries
manleyelop
Regular

Postby Gary_W » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:44 pm

manleyelop wrote:You can either copy & paste the link or Click here to start download from sendspace Easy

Or highlight link right click & open link...any help is appreciated

The reason it does this on your computer is because you have already downloaded and installed the sendspace download manager. I have just clicked on the link again and it is still asking me to download an executable file. I'm not doing that and nor will many others here.

If you put it somewhere like this http://soundcloud.com/ or one of the other similar music sharing sites then anyone can just play the file without having to download some other program.
Gary_W
Regular

Postby Madman_Greg » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:59 pm

I suggest the mods close or delete this post as the OP does not appear to recognise the concerns expressed by two posters regarding internet security and exposures of potential risk to their own workstations
Madman_Greg
Frequent Poster
Madman_Greg

Postby TheBev » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:59 am

Umm - I downloaded the file in less than two seconds. 400 kb is nothing really, it's not mb or cd sized which maybe late night confusion - unless I'm missing something.

There is a regular download link if you scroll down the page which downloads a .wav file - I hope.

Not that I can help the OP mind.
TheBev
Regular

"The tech gets better, the user error remains the same.." Roberts Plant

Postby manleyelop » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:51 am

Like i said easy
manleyelop
Regular

Postby Madman_Greg » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:30 pm

drargon wrote:Umm - I downloaded the file in less than two seconds. 400 kb is nothing really, it's not mb or cd sized which maybe late night confusion - unless I'm missing something.

There is a regular download link if you scroll down the page which downloads a .wav file - I hope.

Not that I can help the OP mind.

Apologies, should have gone to spec savers

Plus I seem to spend quite a bit of my free time helping people out with viruses, adware, spyware, malware etc.... that I get a bit manic about such things

Apologies again......
Madman_Greg
Frequent Poster
Madman_Greg

Postby manleyelop » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:09 pm

No problem Apologies accepted
manleyelop
Regular

Postby ef37a » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:38 am

I have eventually grabbed that file without endangering my system!(OT but, What purpose do dld managers serve please?).

Oooo! Nasty! (that's dated me!) Very strong 150Hz component some 50dB above the "noise" floor and a pretty hefty 50 and 100Hz contribution too.
But I am sorry to say that this information is next to useless. Where is the reference level? There will always be hum, certainly from a guitar if you crank the gain up enough. And how does the hum get produced? Directly out of the amps' speaker? As a result of DI connections with other gear and therefore possibly a hum loop?

More details please.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

#They did not listen, they are not listening still...Perhaps they never will?#

Postby Madman_Greg » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:01 am

ef37a wrote:(OT but, What purpose do dld managers serve please?).
Dave.

In general download managers provide two functions

1) The ability to restart / recover the download should the download stop / connection be lost etc.

2) The ability to split the download into multiple chunks so parallel downloading can take place to optimise use of available bandwidth. Then putting the individual parts back together as a complete file.
Madman_Greg
Frequent Poster
Madman_Greg

Postby ef37a » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:14 am

Madman_Greg wrote:
Dave.

1) The ability to restart / recover the download should the download stop / connection be lost etc.

2) The ability to split the download into multiple chunks so parallel downloading can take place to optimise use of available bandwidth. Then putting the individual parts back together as a complete file.

Ah! Thanks Greg,

Well for a few kbytes of somebody elses' problem I don't think I need that!

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby Madman_Greg » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:30 pm

ef37a wrote:
Madman_Greg wrote:
Dave.

Ah! Thanks Greg,

Well for a few kbytes of somebody elses' problem I don't think I need that!

Dave.

You can benefit, most people would have to be hacking their internet connection to death to red line it. So you get the benefit as an end user of faster download times as it means you have more than one thread downloading parts of the same file.
Madman_Greg
Frequent Poster
Madman_Greg

Postby ef37a » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:15 pm

"most people would have to be hacking their internet connection to death to red line it. So you get the benefit as an end user of faster download times as it means you have more than one thread downloading parts of the same file."

Not sure I understand that Greg as it all ultimately has to come down the same "pipe"? But them there is a hell of a lot of 'puting I don't understand!

I don't mind being buggered about by sites I can trust like Adobe and Java say but I do get hissed off by "lesser" people who try to trick you into downloading things you do not need or want. I have lost count of the instances of Registry Mechanic I have dumped!

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby Zukan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Guys, can you try and help the OP out please? I have tested the link in this thread and it works fine. It's not rocket science: click on normal speed and then save as....

Let's stay on topic huh...
Zukan

Samplecraze   Stretch That Note Masterclasses

Postby ef37a » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:54 pm

Zukan wrote:Guys, can you try and help the OP out please? I have tested the link in this thread and it works fine. It's not rocket science: click on normal speed and then save as....

Let's stay on topic huh...
I have done so Zuks! I have posted that I have run a spectrum of his noise and it is B awful but is not referenced to a wanted signal, after all, ALL guitars are noisy buggers!

Greg and I are just chewing the fat till OP comes back!

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster