You are here

Moran Sound - Guitar Store, Liverpool

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Moran Sound - Guitar Store, Liverpool

Postby Urthlupe » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:59 am

Just wanted to give this marvellous little place a namecheck here.

Visited Liverpool last week and had an hour to kill so I went and found this recommended little shop in Gateacre Brow.

Leather sofas, roaring open fire, guitars beautifully presented and friendly helpful people (even though I'd explained I was only there to kill time). Tremendous. I will be going back when I have more serious intent.

Loopy
Urthlupe
Regular
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:00 pm
Location: West Midlands, UK

Re: Moran Sound - Guitar Store, Liverpool

Postby Frisonic » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Urthlupe wrote:Just wanted to give this marvellous little place a namecheck here.

Visited Liverpool last week and had an hour to kill so I went and found this recommended little shop in Gateacre Brow.

Leather sofas, roaring open fire, guitars beautifully presented and friendly helpful people (even though I'd explained I was only there to kill time). Tremendous. I will be going back when I have more serious intent.

Loopy


There are a few guitar emporiums like that in the world. Only a few... It's good to know where they are! I'd mention one or two personal meccas in London and one on Staten Island in New York, but I can't compete with the leather chesterfields or the roaring open fire, so I won't!
Frisonic
Frequent Poster
Posts: 3287
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Refugee currently in transition.

Still strictly project but lately on the run.


Re: Moran Sound - Guitar Store, Liverpool

Postby mhaigh » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:21 pm

Urthlupe wrote:Just wanted to give this marvellous little place a namecheck here.

Visited Liverpool last week and had an hour to kill so I went and found this recommended little shop in Gateacre Brow.

Leather sofas, roaring open fire, guitars beautifully presented and friendly helpful people (even though I'd explained I was only there to kill time). Tremendous. I will be going back when I have more serious intent.

Loopy

it's also next door to rather a nice pub too...(The Black Bull)...
User avatar
mhaigh
Regular
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Hockley, Essex

 


Re: Moran Sound - Guitar Store, Liverpool

Postby Scramble » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:12 pm

Urthlupe wrote:Leather sofas, roaring open fire, guitars beautifully presented

Good heavens, they're not burning the guitars to keep warm, are they?
Scramble
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2285
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:00 pm

 


Re: Moran Sound - Guitar Store, Liverpool

Postby Urthlupe » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:40 pm

Scramble wrote:Good heavens, they're not burning the guitars to keep warm, are they?
:bouncy:

I did recently take a bandsaw to a guitar...... but that's another story....

Loopy
Urthlupe
Regular
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:00 pm
Location: West Midlands, UK

Re: Moran Sound - Guitar Store, Liverpool

Postby IainR » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:12 pm

Scramble wrote:
Urthlupe wrote:Leather sofas, roaring open fire, guitars beautifully presented

Good heavens, they're not burning the guitars to keep warm, are they?

No just Banjo's and accordions ;)
User avatar
IainR
Regular
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria

Re: Moran Sound - Guitar Store, Liverpool

Postby _ Six _ » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:58 am

I thought they closed years ago!

Cheers for the heads up! 8-)
User avatar
_ Six _
Frequent Poster
Posts: 823
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:00 pm


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests