You are here

Nord Wave rack version?

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Nord Wave rack version?

Postby Michael Dow » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:27 am

It still surprises me that NOrd haven't released a rack version of the wave synth. Not everyone has the room for yet another keyboard in the studio, and some people just dont need it if they have a midi keyboard already.

Why why why?
Michael Dow
Frequent Poster

Re: Nord Wave rack version?

Postby Fibes » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:29 pm

There's no rack version of the Electro either, so I can't say i'm totally surprised, as the Wave kind of bridges the gap between the Electro and the Leed. The Wave is truly excellent though. Not cheap, but the rewards are there if you're prepared to persist with the user-sample element of it.

I'd say if you haven't got room then make some.
Fibes
Poster

Postby Casimir's Blake » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:56 pm

I'd be far, far more interested in having a desktop version.

And much cheaper, the Wave - with all its current limitations - is hideously expensive.
Casimir's Blake
Poster

Postby Fibes » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:13 pm

Well, there's always Kontakt

There really aren't that many limitations. The ability to split the keyboard between patches would be nice, and from what I can tell is just a software update away. An arpeggiator would be good too, but there's always midi in. Otherwise there's very little out there that can do what the Wave does sonically - and certainly nothing as user friendly.

When you consider what is possible with the Wave then cost doesn't really come into it - I mean, the Wave is as much a synthesizer as the Machinedrum-UW is a drum machine.
Fibes
Poster

Postby vinyl_junkie » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:07 am

I think Clavia totally lost the plot with their products, I stoped paying any attention ever since the Nord Lead 2 was replaced by the "2X"

The Nord Electro's are nice but in terms of actual synth's I couldn't care for Clavia's latest over priced offerings.
My favorites will always be the Mk1 Modular's and Lead 1 & 2

If you like the Nord Wave can I recommend the Waldorf Blofeld with the Sample SL pack, packs more punch under the hood too and I heard the new OS will also enable user wavetables! Along with like 1000 bug fixes lol
And of course currently you can import any wav file into it's oscilators just like with the Wave and mix it with it's virtual analogue or wavetable osc's
vinyl_junkie
Frequent Poster