You are here

Wowies Blofeld

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Wowies Blofeld

Postby vinyl_junkie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:52 pm

This is a great great example I think of a small amount of what the Blofeld is capable of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXvQs4Nq06c
vinyl_junkie
Frequent Poster

Re: Wowies Blofeld

Postby Spiked Lunch » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:56 pm

Have you been hanging around Matrixsynth?
Spiked Lunch
Regular

Postby vinyl_junkie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:17 pm

Mike Lynch wrote:Have you been hanging around Matrixsynth?

Hahah no but I do sadly enough have a subscription to that dudes youtube channel.
Beeing a owner of a Blofed for about 8 months I thought what he did was great...need to spend even more time programing it.
vinyl_junkie
Frequent Poster

Postby simple » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:40 pm

I'd like to throw my hat in & state I too am subscribed to that guys video channel.

I consider myself a pretty experienced & very individual synth programmer (typically when I get a new synth, I wipe it & start from scratch), but that guy even gets my nod as supiror! he does some pretty awsome things with his toys & respect should be given!

if you ever want some inspiration for your gear, just check to see if he owns what you have, & then listen to what its caperble of. a very impressive synthesist

(if companys released tehy're synths with more presets like his, they'd certainly sell alot more for simply being individual & supiror!)
simple
Poster

Postby vinyl_junkie » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:39 am

simple wrote:I'd like to throw my hat in & state I too am subscribed to that guys video channel.

I consider myself a pretty experienced & very individual synth programmer (typically when I get a new synth, I wipe it & start from scratch), but that guy even gets my nod as supiror! he does some pretty awsome things with his toys & respect should be given!

if you ever want some inspiration for your gear, just check to see if he owns what you have, & then listen to what its caperble of. a very impressive synthesist

(if companys released tehy're synths with more presets like his, they'd certainly sell alot more for simply being individual & supiror!)

I agree and although I don't class my self as an expert synth programmer I most of the time know how to replicate a sound after I hear it or make my own sounds. A lot of the time I int a lot of patches while sometimes I use the preset as a starting point and edit it to get it to where I want.
But that guy really has his own styke and it's interesting to watch, ahh so this machine is capable of this! His JX-3P demo a perfect example! He makes that synth sound mad! And I have one...so if anything it inspires me to grab the synth and say hey you know what..lets do it! hahah
vinyl_junkie
Frequent Poster

Postby Spiked Lunch » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:37 pm

I also spend lots of spare time checking out synth vids when I should be playing on my own....

I don't have a Blofeld but I think it's a pretty interesting, well priced beast. I'd love one.
Spiked Lunch
Regular

Postby vinyl_junkie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:13 am

Mike Lynch wrote:I also spend lots of spare time checking out synth vids when I should be playing on my own....

Lol don't we all

As to the Blofeld it will be even better once they eliminate all the god damn bugs out of it
What I tend to do is take it out of my studio and sit on the floor in my room with a midi controller just programing it hahah most uncomfortable for most people.
I must say you can get some very D-50 like sounds out of the thing!
vinyl_junkie
Frequent Poster

Postby Nites » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:49 pm

He must be really fond of the Blofeld, most of his recent videos are all about this one synth.
Nites
Poster

Postby Shreddie » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:28 pm

I've seen some of that guys stuff before, he's very good.
Shreddie
Regular