You are here

Wowies Blofeld

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Wowies Blofeld

Postby vinyl_junkie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:52 pm

This is a great great example I think of a small amount of what the Blofeld is capable of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXvQs4Nq06c
vinyl_junkie
Frequent Poster

Re: Wowies Blofeld

Postby Spiked Lunch » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:56 pm

Have you been hanging around Matrixsynth?
Spiked Lunch
Regular

Postby vinyl_junkie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:17 pm

Mike Lynch wrote:Have you been hanging around Matrixsynth?

Hahah no but I do sadly enough have a subscription to that dudes youtube channel.
Beeing a owner of a Blofed for about 8 months I thought what he did was great...need to spend even more time programing it.
vinyl_junkie
Frequent Poster

Postby simple » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:40 pm

I'd like to throw my hat in & state I too am subscribed to that guys video channel.

I consider myself a pretty experienced & very individual synth programmer (typically when I get a new synth, I wipe it & start from scratch), but that guy even gets my nod as supiror! he does some pretty awsome things with his toys & respect should be given!

if you ever want some inspiration for your gear, just check to see if he owns what you have, & then listen to what its caperble of. a very impressive synthesist

(if companys released tehy're synths with more presets like his, they'd certainly sell alot more for simply being individual & supiror!)
simple
Poster

Postby vinyl_junkie » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:39 am

simple wrote:I'd like to throw my hat in & state I too am subscribed to that guys video channel.

I consider myself a pretty experienced & very individual synth programmer (typically when I get a new synth, I wipe it & start from scratch), but that guy even gets my nod as supiror! he does some pretty awsome things with his toys & respect should be given!

if you ever want some inspiration for your gear, just check to see if he owns what you have, & then listen to what its caperble of. a very impressive synthesist

(if companys released tehy're synths with more presets like his, they'd certainly sell alot more for simply being individual & supiror!)

I agree and although I don't class my self as an expert synth programmer I most of the time know how to replicate a sound after I hear it or make my own sounds. A lot of the time I int a lot of patches while sometimes I use the preset as a starting point and edit it to get it to where I want.
But that guy really has his own styke and it's interesting to watch, ahh so this machine is capable of this! His JX-3P demo a perfect example! He makes that synth sound mad! And I have one...so if anything it inspires me to grab the synth and say hey you know what..lets do it! hahah
vinyl_junkie
Frequent Poster

Postby Spiked Lunch » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:37 pm

I also spend lots of spare time checking out synth vids when I should be playing on my own....

I don't have a Blofeld but I think it's a pretty interesting, well priced beast. I'd love one.
Spiked Lunch
Regular

Postby vinyl_junkie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:13 am

Mike Lynch wrote:I also spend lots of spare time checking out synth vids when I should be playing on my own....

Lol don't we all

As to the Blofeld it will be even better once they eliminate all the god damn bugs out of it :headbang:
What I tend to do is take it out of my studio and sit on the floor in my room with a midi controller just programing it hahah most uncomfortable for most people.
I must say you can get some very D-50 like sounds out of the thing!
vinyl_junkie
Frequent Poster

Postby Nites » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:49 pm

He must be really fond of the Blofeld, most of his recent videos are all about this one synth.
Nites
Poster

Postby Shreddie » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:28 pm

I've seen some of that guys stuff before, he's very good.
Shreddie
Regular