You are here

JD-800 - $77.00

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

JD-800 - $77.00

Postby Tony Raven » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:44 pm

Might you be willing to call a U.S. thrift store & cajole or bribe?

For those elsewhere, Goodwill is basically a thrift-store chain, selling donated items in order to support good works. But each outlet makes its own rules, especially online, with different processing fees & shipping policies. Unfortunately, they SAY they don't want to ship this beast, but play along for a moment.

I'm negotiating to buy a house -- and, no, I have nothing to do with this sale, but I'd truly --HATE-- to see a nice-looking JD walk away for $200. A year ago, I'd call up such a seller & say, "Assuming I win, I'll gladly pay you an extra $100 to drive it 3-4 miles to a UPS Store, get it boxed & shipped." (Don't ya love the Internet??)

Okay, I can be kinda pushy, especially with cash-in-hand. :headbang: But buried down at the bottom of their listing -- overlooked by many -- is this:
We can provide the name of a local business that could pick up, package, and ship the item to you at your expense. Please contact us if you would like more information on this process.

Best of luck to any SOS gearhead that might swipe this.
Tony Raven
resident troublemaker,

Re: JD-800 - $77.00

Postby Kolakube » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:36 am

Thanks for the heads up Tony. But SOS is an English forum. Hence most users are from the UK and the import tax would be crippling.

Thanks though.
Frequent Poster