You are here

Waldorf blofeld keyboard

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Waldorf blofeld keyboard

Postby Sian G » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:52 pm

Well i am now the owner of a Blofeld keyboard black edition. This is my first proper synth and so is a baptism of fire really, and i know the learning curve will be steep. I have had some fun with it so far just selecting a single sound and then spending at least an hour altering it with the oscillators, LFOs, arpeggiators etc. Any advice from other Blofeld owners is more than welcome.

It'll be quite a while before i actually make any real music with it, especially as i need to relearn how to play a keyboard instrument. I could play a bit as a child but not to any grade level or anything like that. I just used to make random tunes or play music i'd heard by sound as i could never read music. I still can't now. Anyway, that's it really. Just letting y'all know about my purchase seeing as i was gonna get a Roland Gaia sh-01 originally, as per my thread. I will still get one of those btw, maybe quite soon. Oh, i did get a Monotron too as a gift from the shop as a means of apology for making an error with my order. Very generous i thought. It will defo make lunch breaks more fun.

Anyway, i'm definately going now.
Sian G X
Sian G
Poster

Re: Waldorf blofeld keyboard

Postby Sian G » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:06 pm

A quick question, is it possible to use a midi controller or something similar to control the oscilators, filters etc on the blofeld keyboard? I don't want to do it through a computer just something connected to the synth via i assume the midi sockets. I just think it would make controlling the parameters etc a lot easier if i had some extra knobs and/or sliders etc. I don't wish i got the Roland Gaia, coz i'll be getting one at some point anyway. Ta. X
Sian G
Poster

Postby Richie Royale » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:50 am

I expect that all the controls are implemented by MIDI continuous controllers (CC). You can quickly find out either in the manual (probably) or just hit record on the DAW and twist a knob to see what CC it is sending. You can them map another controller to the CCs.
Richie Royale
Jedi Poster

Postby Sian G » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:07 pm

Hmm, problems have arisen. Selector knobs/encoders, whatever they're called keep stopping working and only selecting things intermittently. Also it freezes sometimes, can still be played on the selected sound but it won't let you change the patch or modify anything so it has to be turned off then back on again. Waiting for the shop to get back to me, they said they were going to contact Waldorf for me. I'm tempted to just get rid back to the shop and get something else that is less like a virtual synth in a fancy box with an unstable OS built in, and instead get something simpler and less complex and make do with less variation in sound but that will keep working every time.
Sian G
Poster

Postby chris... » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:14 pm

Make sure you have the latest blofeld OS.
chris...
Frequent Poster