You are here

My obsession with a synth sound...

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

My obsession with a synth sound...

Postby Miqo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Hi. I'm looking to know more of a synth sound that I've encountered in the music of a few artists.

It's a soft, cute sound that I really want to learn to re-create on synths and VST-s. Sample: http://youtu.be/E4yzYKIiV9Y?t=2m36s

I love it! Please let me know if you know something of the technical side behind it, what sounds like that are called or anything else related to them.

Thanks in advance people.
Miqo

Re: My obsession with a synth sound...

Postby desmond » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:18 pm

The arpeggio part sounds like two separate parts, panned left and right, just simple mono legato lead lines with some portamento - it's a very simple monosynth lead sound. The part to the right is arranged in a higher register, but I think it's the same sound (on a quick listen).

It's not a complex synth sound at all, like I say a standard one or two oscillator lead sound with a fairly open filter and some portamento (which gives the glide between notes) - you can get that sound on just about any synth that has portamento. And the rest is in the arpeggio arrangements, which are kinda Jordan's thing...
desmond
Jedi Poster

mu:zines | music magazine archive | Latest: MT Dec 90
Needed: SOS April 1993. Can you donate your copy to complete the early SOS archive?

Postby Dave B » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:33 pm

Try a square wave ... should do the job...
Dave B
Frequent Poster

Veni, Vidi, Aesculi

(I came, I saw, I conkered)

Postby Miqo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Thanks for the responses! :3

Definitely trying out both / the combination of.
Miqo