You are here

Analogue clear out

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Analogue clear out

Postby fatbenelton » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Hello chaps - I still consider this the vintage forum so just wanted to give my follow vintage friends a heads up on a clear out. I have posted in readers ads but still waiting approval after 2 days which is odd. Got an ad on VSE under my name as well...

Although kind of a shameless plug I did want to flag up to everybody that it is me and not some random chap - if you are like me, you prefer to know who you are dealing with and that a scam isn't around the corner. I'd like to think I've been a decent and helpful member of this forum in particular and having made the decision to 'retire' I'd like my peers to have a heads up on some decent gear. If you identify yourself via a pm (and you haven't just joined) I'll give you a discount too!

Jon
fatbenelton
Regular

Jonny

Re: Analogue clear out

Postby vinyl_junkie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:49 pm

Lots of cool bits for sale.. All out of my league though other than the bits I already had (Akai sampler, Pulse etc) lol

The Proteus 2500 is tempting but but but but have to stop spending money on gear lol

Good luck with selling it all!
vinyl_junkie
Frequent Poster

Postby Richie Royale » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:52 pm

That is some clear out! I wouldn't mind some of that, but I have no space, requirement or funds to take anything off of your hands really. A new computer is on the horizon for me and I need to keep my pennies stacked until I can afford one. The polysix is tempting!!! good luck with the sale, you could get yourself a CS80 with the money raised.
Richie Royale
Jedi Poster

Postby fatbenelton » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:57 pm

CS80 - no chance. Think I'll pay off my credit card or a get nice new mac for a streamlined set up. It's quite a list but I think that's the problem - it's been said before but too much gear is counterproductive. I got more out of my SY55 and SH101 20 years ago than I do now!!

Funnily enough, the Polysix is the one I wouldn't mind keeping despite being technically the 'weakest' poly on the list! It has mojo!!
fatbenelton
Regular

Jonny

Postby Richie Royale » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:09 pm

I have lots of stuff, nothing like that much, but I do try to make a point of using it all, when I can. Not all on one track, although that is my intention for a short interlude I am working on.
Richie Royale
Jedi Poster

Postby vinyl_junkie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:12 pm

I also find too much gear to be counter-productive, it's all about finding the right balance imo

I do have things I never use and begin to hate though... Cough Roland Alpha Juno yet it's not worth selling and there are days when you turn it on and go.. hmm this ain't too bad
vinyl_junkie
Frequent Poster

Postby nathanscribe » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:52 pm

Well, we've already spoken elsewhere, and I'm sticking to some form of determination on that matter. Hopefully see you in a few weeks...
nathanscribe
Frequent Poster

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Postby Martin Walker » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:50 pm

I can't find the link!

I tried Googling "VSE fatbenelton" and only one link came up apart from this and I'm not going to say what it was about

Martin
Martin Walker

Steampunk & Synth News | Mad Scientist Mode

Postby vinyl_junkie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:56 pm

Martin Walker wrote:I can't find the link!

I tried Googling "VSE fatbenelton" and only one link came up apart from this and I'm not going to say what it was about

Martin

Here you go Martin

http://www.vintagesynth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=67268
vinyl_junkie
Frequent Poster

Postby Martin Walker » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:04 am

Thanks vj!

Now I can drool in comfort

Martin
Martin Walker

Steampunk & Synth News | Mad Scientist Mode