You are here

Roland D50 motherboard

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Roland D50 motherboard

Postby omvibes » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:20 am

Hi all, seems like my Roland D50 motherboard is broken, and can't be repaired... circuit board issues that can't be resolved it seems

Does anyone out there possibly have one at all? If not, any links to possible companies which might be able to help out with replacement parts?

If you can help, please pm me.

Thanks, Oli
omvibes
Poster

Re: Roland D50 motherboard

Postby Zukan » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:41 am

Oli, you sure the mobo is broken?

If it is then you need to look for ebay sales of units that don't work. If you are not sure then I recommend you send it to someone like James Walker of Synth Repair Services and let him have a look.
Zukan

Samplecraze   Stretch That Note Masterclasses

Postby omvibes » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:56 am

Hi Zukan, as far as I'm aware, there is a circuit board issue, caused by myself initially when trying to upgrade the eprom with the Musictronics expansion. Don't ask what I did!!

Anyway, had it looked at by a couple of people where I am (Hungary at the moment), both electronics experts, and no joy I'm afraid. I suppose there is the option of taking it to someone in the UK when I'm back, but from what I've been told, its not repairable.

Hence the search for a new 'un!

Oli
omvibes
Poster

Postby Steve A » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:38 pm

You might be better off, and have considerably more luck, finding a working D50 secondhand, transplant the motherboard if you like to bring your original one back to life, and sell off what's left as spares (you might actually do alright out of that). I picked up a D-50 last year for £160 - a bit beat up, but functionally intact. I'd be very surprised if you could get a tech to fix it for less than that, especially if there is no-one local to you.

Incidentally, if you do go this route, and end up with a spare pitch wheel, let me know... :-)
Steve A
Regular