You are here

Mackie mixer repair in London?

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Mackie mixer repair in London?

Postby Jauqq » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:26 am

Can anyone give me a heads up as to a competent repair place in London, ideally South, who can repair a Mackie 1604 VLZ3? Mine's a non functioning channel fader, and a very noisy head phone socket.

Cheers.
Jauqq
Poster

Re: Mackie mixer repair in London?

Postby Red Mastering » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:47 pm

If you are after Mackie's tech support they are up the North,
Don't remember their name, but send email to Mackie Europe and they will direct you,
It won't be cheap though, for opening mixer, basic check it would be 70-80 quid,
so if it's really small thing and you don't have a budget - maybe find some 'mate' local guy who can repair it
Red Mastering
Regular

online mastering

Postby Jauqq » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:56 am

Red Mastering wrote:If you are after Mackie's tech support they are up the North,
Don't remember their name, but send email to Mackie Europe and they will direct you,
It won't be cheap though, for opening mixer, basic check it would be 70-80 quid,
so if it's really small thing and you don't have a budget - maybe find some 'mate' local guy who can repair it

I figured going to a Mackie service centre would be the most expensive bet. Thats why i'm after a recommendation for any good repair person in the London area who'd be able to fix my Mackie.
Anyone know of a good mixer tech?
Jauqq
Poster

Postby Twinstates » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:24 am

Try this guy

stan@surreyamps.co.uk

He fixes Mackie stuff and Mackie speak very highly of him.

He's close by as well..

They did my hr824 after I knocked the cone in moving them...
Twinstates