You are here
Effect of various object on room treatment
My room is approx. 12ft x 20ft (4m x 6m) with 6 1/2ft height (2m). I'm situated against the 12ft wall, centered.
The room currently lacking of room treatment. One thing that doesn't help is there's already a lot of object in critical situation. I was curious to know if these object were having any kind of effect on absorption/reflexion, good or bad.
1. On the left spot for absorber panel, there is a window.
2. On the right spot, there is where I hang my guitars and bass and I cover them with a big woolen.
3. On the overhead spot, there's a big ceiling lamp quite the size of an absorber, wood structure with 3 lamps.
I obviously can't change these (except the guitars but even this I don't have a much better place). I can't turn the studio around because the opposite wall is a stairway.
Any thoughts ?
- Frank Rideau
- Posts: 178
- Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:00 am
I measured my room more than 20times ,each time i improved more and more and understand more of room treatment.
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:00 pm
For the window, you could create a "plug" which is removable when you don't need it.
- Jedi Poster
- Posts: 4497
- Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:00 pm
- Location: Bristol, England.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: DaveFry and 2 guests