You are here

New song, enemy, for feedback

Arrangement, instrumentation, lyric writing, music theory, inspiration… it’s all here.

New song, enemy, for feedback

Postby DunbegStudios » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi,

Just finished this new song, enemy, with the band I play with. Any feedback would be appreciated:

https://youtu.be/Pny5yBmzWvc

I did all the recording, but sub'ed out the final mix/mastering. Would appreciate comments on those aspects.

Cheers

JOhn
DunbegStudios
New here

Re: New song, enemy, for feedback

Postby artzmusic » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:38 pm

Hey this is nicely done! Just so you know, I've had a belly full of hum/strumming so usually tune out early but this was different. This has a clean fresh sound. The strumming pattern was precise and accented and I like how the bass was quantized to the strumming.

Every part was clean and present. The melody is strong. The song reminded a bit of a Hootie and the Blowfish presentation. Not bad company.

Above average songwriting here.

Rick
artzmusic
Regular

Postby blinddrew » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:54 pm

I kept waiting for the drums to kick in but it's stronger for not being so predictable. In terms of production it's safely beyond my ability to critique! :)
blinddrew
Frequent Poster

Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Sam Inglis » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:06 pm

I think this is nicely done. I especially like the textural guitar parts in the background, and the vocals are excellent. It could use some percussion in the second half. Possibly the bass sound is a bit on the 'farty' side?
Sam Inglis
Frequent Poster

Postby BJG145 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:50 pm

....agree with above comments; sounds good. I thought the bass could have come in just a little stronger, and some percussion might change things up and support the second half.
BJG145
Frequent Poster

Postby DunbegStudios » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:13 pm

Many thanks for all the comments ! For info, we did try some percussion, quite a few variants actually, and we could not get something we liked. Guess we just need to keep trying.

Thanks again !

Cheers

John
DunbegStudios
New here