You are here

Presonus Studiolive - questions?

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Presonus Studiolive - questions?

Postby dickiefunk » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi,

I've just bought the Studiolive 16.0.2 and I am confused about a few of the Studiolives features?

Firstly, I have a volume control for a headphone output but I can't find a socket to connect headphones?

Secondly, is it possible to send a different amount of reverb to the auxes than the main outputs?

e.g. Could I send a lot of reverb on channel 1, a small amount of reverb on channel 2, and tons of reverb on channel 3 for the main FOH mix but on aux 1 have a small amount of reverb from channel 1,2 and none from channel three? etc?

Hope this makes sense??
dickiefunk
Frequent Poster

Re: Presonus Studiolive - questions?

Postby dickiefunk » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:37 pm

Found the headphone socket
dickiefunk
Frequent Poster

Postby James Perrett » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:12 am

As far as the reverb question is concerned, you would need 2 effects busses feeding 2 reverb units to achieve what you want.

James.
James Perrett

JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration.
http://www.jrpmusic.co.uk

Postby dickiefunk » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:04 am

Hi James,

Thanks. Would it be possible then to send a different amount of fx/reverb to the auxes than the FOH?
dickiefunk
Frequent Poster

Postby dickiefunk » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:52 pm

Also, there looks like there is only one control for all four auxes? Does this mean I can only send reverb to all four auxes or not at all?

I would like to be able to have reverb in aux 1-2 but not 3-4 ideally!??
dickiefunk
Frequent Poster

Postby The Korff » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:56 pm

dickiefunk wrote:Also, there looks like there is only one control for all four auxes? Does this mean I can only send reverb to all four auxes or not at all?

That would be quite bonkers, I'm sure that can't be right... Have you read the manual?
The Korff
Frequent Poster

I AM KORFF

Postby dickiefunk » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:16 pm

Korff wrote:
dickiefunk wrote:Also, there looks like there is only one control for all four auxes? Does this mean I can only send reverb to all four auxes or not at all?

That would be quite bonkers, I'm sure that can't be right... Have you read the manual?

Yes I've read the manual and spoken to the distributor and it appears that you can't?
dickiefunk
Frequent Poster

Postby Mike Stranks » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:34 pm

dickiefunk wrote:
Korff wrote:

Yes I've read the manual and spoken to the distributor and it appears that you can't?
That's so - Section 4.4.2 of the full manual (supplied on CD or downloadable) refers.
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster

Postby The Korff » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:47 pm

Ah, I've just read the manual and it seems you're right. The manual also seems a bit confused about which model of StudioLive it's talking about...

On p36 it says "each of these effects can be routed to any of the subgroups..." but the 16.0.2 doesn't have any groups! If it did, then you could just route the effects to the main mix and a group (but not the auxes), and use the group's individual aux sends to achieve what you want.

The only way I can think of getting reverb onto some (but not all) auxes, as well as the main bus, is by using an external reverb and using up one of your channels for the return.

Cheers!

Chris
The Korff
Frequent Poster

I AM KORFF