You are here

Effects-Unit config.for voice and piano.

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Effects-Unit config.for voice and piano.

Postby One Horse Town » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:30 pm

Don't know much about this, so here goes...... I need a seperate effect on voice (reverb for instance) to the one I'd be using on the stage piano (say chorus) for simultaneous sound. What's the best configuration for this and for reasonable cost? The Lex.Midiverbs 2/3/4 all offer dual mono with stereo summing? Or do I need to go for total seperate dual stereo routing as offered by the '4' ? Also what's better...... an old SPX 990 or 1000 off ebay or a new Midiverb? Also, as a solo performer the ability to put the name of each song on a largeish display would be useful so that I know (quick glance) that my footswitch press is linking to the right effect(s). Any suggestions/advice appreciated.
One Horse Town
Regular

Re: Effects-Unit config.for voice and piano.

Postby The Elf » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:18 pm

I do know that my old MIDIVerb 4 can process two separate mono inputs, route these to two stereo effects and mix the two stereo effects to a single stereo output.

Your mixer would require two effects sends (or a stereo effects send at a pinch) though.

However...

Chorus is more typically an insert effect, so you might anyway be better getting a separate processor for the piano. You can pick up a couple of MIDIVerb 4s for the price of a posh meal out.
The Elf
Jedi Poster

An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.