You are here

desperate for advice please

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

desperate for advice please

Postby grainsbarview » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:38 pm

hope someone can help here ...I have a dynacord powermate1000 ... this is the setup I have ...mini disc plugged in ...and 1 mic ...using mcgregors speakers

I am solo artist ..

the prob I have is the music from mini disc is sounding fine but when I plug mic in the voice sounds low, muffled even if I have it on loud ...its a sennheiser radio mic but even pluggin a leaded mic in its still the same ..ive even tried a different channel
hope someone can give advice on this
grainsbarview
Poster

Re: desperate for advice please

Postby BJG145 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:03 pm

I'm not sure how familiar you are with this desk, or mixing desks in general. So, you've tried it with different microphones? Has it ever worked...? Have the microphones been tested with other equipment...? And have you followed the basic setup procedure as described on P5 of this manbual...?

http://www.dynacord.com/downloads/Quick_Manual.pdf
BJG145
Frequent Poster

Postby grainsbarview » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:10 pm

hi yes its been fine since ive had dynacord about 2 years .... the music is crystal clear its just when i use any mic
grainsbarview
Poster

Postby Sam Spoons » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:39 pm

The most likely thing is that the mic is either set up wrong or is faulty. Have you got a known working wired mic to try (if not I'm sure your local dealer would be willing to help if there's a prospect of future business in it for them). Which Sennheiser wireless mic is it? I know the workings of the Freeport and EW series so may be able to help.
Sam Spoons
Frequent Poster

Mr G J Guitarist

Postby BJG145 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:27 pm

grainsbarview wrote:its been fine since ive had dynacord about 2 years .... the music is crystal clear its just when i use any mic

Has it ever worked with a mic? It's not clear whether something has changed - gone wrong - or whether you've never had it working how you want. Have you followed the instructions in the manual? Did you get the red peak LED showing?

Test the microphone by speaking some loud words while holding it close to your mouth. The green signal present indicator (LED) of channel 1 will light. Turn the first channel’s “Gain Control” – the control all the way on the top of the channel’s module – to the right until the red peak LED will briefly blink. Turn the Gain Control back a little bit to the left. The signal level for this channel is now optimally set.
BJG145
Frequent Poster

Postby Dan LB » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:59 pm

How do you have the EQ set on each mic channel?
Dan LB
Frequent Poster

Postby shufflebeat » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:02 am

Sent you a PM.
shufflebeat
Frequent Poster

People with black cats shouldn't get black stair carpet.