You are here

Fabfilter Pro-R Review

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

Fabfilter Pro-R Review

Postby awjoe » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:26 pm

Just got my March SOS in the post and the first thing I read was Sam Inglis' Fabfilter Pro-R review. He described it perfectly, I think - it's a beautiful, powerful, easy-to-use tool that sounds great. (I just started using Pro-R the same day I read the article, so the timing was perfect.) The first thing I did with the plugin was put it up beside my Lexicon plugin in a mix I was doing, because I wanted to see how easy it would be to dial in the sound of the Lexicon plugin using the Pro-R. It was really easy. I couldn't nail it exactly, but that was due to user inexperience, not the plugin. However, when I got it as close as I could, I actually preferred the sound I was getting in the Fabfilter plugin, so it displaced the Lexicon. And I love Lexicon reverb. Very impressive.

Finally, an idea. What about an interview with people from Fabfilter? I am so impressed by Fabfilter stuff, and they're often my go-to plugin for standard jobs. (The exception would be Echoboy, which is my go-to for delay.) I would love to put a face, or faces, on the intelligence behind the Fabfilter plugin stable, and hear them talk about their approach and their work. Would that be too geeky? This geek would really enjoy it.
awjoe
Frequent Poster
"Against stupidity we are defenseless."  - ascribed to poor old Dietrich Bonhoeffer, who felt defenseless against stupidity

Re: Fabfilter Pro-R Review

Postby Sam Inglis » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:43 am

Thanks Joe -- it's great, isn't it!

You know, that's not a bad idea. I'll see what I can do...
Sam Inglis
Frequent Poster