Last updated 24/09/2014
To continue, please click the ACCEPT or DECLINE button located at the end of the Rules below
We welcome you to the SOS forums. By registering to take part in forum discussions you agree to abide by the following Terms & Conditions:
- Not to post any material which is knowingly false, inaccurate, harmful, threatening, harassing, invasive of a person's privacy, or tending unreasonably to discredit or malign.
- Not to post material that is racist, abusive, vulgar, hateful, obscene, sexually oriented, or otherwise violative of any UK law.
- Copyright material must not be posted unless it is owned either by you or by this web site.
- No links are permitted to web sites offering pirate/cracked/illegal software or illicit music and/or video downloads.
Products & Advertising
- SOS permits members to use the forums to share links to products, services and other resources that might be of mutual benefit. These can be found in the main discussion forum, Recording & Production.
- Individuals may post promotional material regarding products and services that would be relevant to the SOS readership — i.e. related to music recording and production. You may also include a link to a website in your personal signature (which appears under each post) or on your profile page but please make sure these are relevant to the SOS community. Anybody using this facility as a gateway to promote things that are considered 'spam' (for example, promoting a retail website that has nothing to do with music) may be warned by the moderating team.
- Manufacturers and distributors are warmly welcomed to promote their products, services, events, competitions, jobs vacancies and special offers in the News forum but please make sure you have read and followed the guidelines first or you risk your posts being removed without warning.
- We provide a dedicated For Sale and Wanted Readers Ads section of this site for the buying and selling of your own gear at www.soundonsound.com/readersads Adverts should be placed there and are not allowed in the Forum.
- Chain letters, pyramid schemes, and similar are expressly forbidden in all forums.
- YOU remain personally responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless SOS Publications Limited and Infopop Corporation (the makers of UBB.threads forum software), and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
- We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of SOS Publications or any entity associated with the SOS Forum.
- Although the SOS Forum does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of messages posted by forum members, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever.
- You hereby consent to SOS disclosing information we hold about you to any proper prosecuting or investigating authority in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message/comment posted by you here in the SOS Forum.
- The SOS Publications Group, the owners of this site, reserve the right to amend these Rules at any time. If so, you will be shown a revised set of Forum Rules when you next attempt to post and you will once again be offered the opportunity to Accept or Decline (see below).
Forum Posting Etiquette
- Requests for links to, or support for, pirated/cracked software are expressly forbidden. Offending posts are liable to be removed and persistent offenders risk being banned from the forums. SOS reserves the right to report the IP address of persistent offenders to copyright owners.
- NO SHOUTING - posting all in CAPITALS is considered bad form and the equivalent of shouting. Resist all temptation to use them, for there is a chance your post will be deleted — or ignored by members.
- Unfortunately the SOS forums sometimes attract the attention of Internet Trolls who seek to cause disharmony among the legitimate users by making spurious or inflammatory posts. Anyone suspected of this kind of behaviour will be warned by the moderating team only once (check your forum Private Messages!). Continued inappropriate posts will result in the immediate deletion of their user account.
How To Notify Us Of Objectionable Material
- If you feel that a posted message is objectionable, please alert the moderators of that forum by clicking on the SOS icon. The Forum administrators and moderators can remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so as soon as we can, if we determine that removal is necessary.
- You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org by email.
Access to the forums will only be granted upon your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions stated above.
If you click DECLINE, you will still be able to read messages but not post or reply; you will continue to be shown the Forum Rules agreement whenever you attempt to click the forum Post/Reply buttons, until you accept the Rules.