The H.O.G.2 packs all the polyphonic power of the original unit, but based on feedback from users and new developments in technology, the new H.O.G.2 offers a number of enhancements and upgrades. These include:
- Improved algorithms for each synthesized voice and for freeze capture. The new voices sound clearer and the freeze capture is smoother
- Full MIDI control. Every parameter on the HOG2 can now be controlled by MIDI
- Presets can be loaded and stored via MIDI
- A new, optional Foot Controller that allows the user to store and load up to 100 presets.
- Now compatible with the industry standard 9Volt DC/200mA center negative power supply
The polyphonic H.O.G.2 still offers glitch-free tracking and complete control of up to 10 interval pitches without the need for special pickups. It provides a freeze mode with glissando, independent attack and decay controls and dedicated resonant filtering with a sweepable frequency control. An Expression Mode permits +/- 1 octave bends, 1 step pitch bends, plus control over freeze + gliss, freeze + volume, wah wah and filter frequency.
A new H.O.G.2 Foot Controller is also available. It allows you to easily save and recall up to 100 presets in the H.O.G.2 main unit. Presets 0 through 11 are factory presets specially designed to give the user a wide array of sounds available from the H.O.G.2.
The H.O.G.2 will be available for around £350/$475 and the foot controller will cost around £120/$135.