Press Release: Dedicated live recording software designed for utmost reliability and ease of use, incorporating a single-window user interface, advanced capabilities and premium sound quality
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH today announced Nuendo Live, a dedicated live recording software solution for recording engineers, production houses and rental and staging companies. Based on the award-winning Nuendo audio workstation, Nuendo Live’s sole purpose is to deliver the very best in multitrack recording to live professionals the world over.
“Nuendo Live is your devoted recording software application for professionals in the live recording industry,” said Timo Wildenhain, product marketing manager for Nuendo. “Ushering in a new product era with Nuendo Live, we at Steinberg continue to pursue our goal to conceive and design tools and technologies tailored to the specific requirements of our customers.”
Nuendo Live features an efficient user interface that observes the single-window concept without unnecessary options to avoid clutter and streamline processes. Dedicated live tools include its record panel displaying all the essential recording information, such as timecode, recording length and remaining disk space, a 60-second pre-record buffer and auto-save ensures that every second of each recording is always stored away in the background. Tracks are created on startup and armed simultaneously while easy marker track management helps to create markers on the fly.
Premium sound quality is guaranteed by the widely acclaimed Steinberg Audio Engine, bringing out the finest nuances of any live performance owing to its 32-bit floating-point resolution.
Integrating seamlessly with Yamaha CL consoles, Nuendo Live displays all the CL console’s channels with intricacies that include color schemes and many more. In addition, users can remote control Nuendo Live by using the console’s touchscreen.
Nuendo Live provides an unlimited number of recording channels, EBU standard RIFF 64 Broadcast Wave File and multitrack output option for virtual soundchecks. Rounding out the comprehensive feature set are basic editing functionality and 64-bit support for Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.7 systems.
Nuendo Live will be available through Steinberg and Yamaha resellers in the second quarter of this year.
Features at a glance
• Dedicated live recording software featuring a straightforward single-window operation, a live record panel, pre-record buffer and more
• High-quality recordings through Steinberg’s award-winning audio engine with up to 192 kHz lets your production stand apart from the competition
• Nuendo Live Record Panel shows all essential session information at once — creating confidence in demanding live situations
• Advanced Session Management with auto-naming of recorded files, multiple folder creation, easy-to-use marker track, auto-save and notepad
• Zero setup time thanks to automatic track creation functions that make Nuendo Live record-ready in less than a minute
• 24+ hours recording time ready thanks to EBU-compliant RIFF 64 broadcast wave format in standard recording mode
• Virtual Sound Check allows for easy use of previous recordings for soundcheck, including marker recall and 1:1 output
• Deliver with confidence through standardized rendering formats and compatibility with Nuendo for post-production
• Nuendo Live includes essential editing functions, making it possible to create a rough edit of the recordings after the show
• Seamless integration with Yamaha CL consoles for controlling essential Nuendo Live functions from the live console