Roland have today announced a new flagship audio interface in the form of the STUDIO-CAPTURE. Of particular note, the unit features the same 'AUTO-SENS' technology as its smaller siblings, the OCTA-CAPTURE and QUAD-CAPTURE, which automatically sets input levels.
STUDIO-CAPTURE should retail for $940.
Here's a product video and press release from Roland. See product website for more information.
STUDIO-CAPTURE is a high-performance USB 2.0 audio interface for studio and mobile production. With 16 audio inputs, 12 premium-grade mic preamps (a first for a compact USB audio interface) and 10 audio outputs, the STUDIO-CAPTURE provides extensive connection capabilities for professional production needs – and will fit easily into a travel bag.
You also get 24-bit/192 kHz audio quality, comprehensive front-panel metering, XLR monitor outputs with dedicated level control, dual headphone outputs, rock-solid drivers with VS STREAMING technology, and much more.
Durable, portable, and capable of handling large-scale recording projects in the studio and on the road, STUDIO-CAPTURE is the perfect audio interface for the modern musician.
- High-performance USB 2.0 audio interface for studio and mobile production
- 16 audio inputs (including 12 premium mic VS PREAMPS) and 10 audio outputs
- VS STREAMING delivers ultra-stable, low-latency driver performance for Windows and Mac
- AUTO-SENS intelligently sets optimal input levels for all preamps
- Individual input/output meters and input channel buttons
- Four independent, software-controlled monitor mixes
- XLR monitor out, direct monitor, and dual headphone outputs with independent front-panel level knobs
- Coaxial digital I/O; MIDI I/O with FPT (Fast Processing Technology)
- Expand your I/O by using two STUDIO-CAPTUREs together, both controlled with a single driver
- 2U rackmount ears included