Universal Audio's UAD version 7 finally brings the ability to cascade multiple Apollo interfaces, and also brings support for three new plug-ins. The three new plug-ins, for which updating UAD users should receive a 14-day trial, are the previously reported Ocean Way Studios as well as SPL's TwinTube Processor and Sonnox's Oxford Inflator plug-in. For more info from Universal Audio, read on.
Press Release: Universal Audio (UA), a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, is pleased to announce the release of UAD Software v7.0, featuring two new Direct Developer plug-ins — SPL TwinTube and Sonnox Oxford Inflator.
SPL TwinTube Processor Plug-In
Developed by SPL for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins Platform, the SPL TwinTube Processor Plug-In is an authentic software version of the world-class tube effects processor, adding analog tube warmth, saturation, and harmonic distortion without impacting dynamic range. With two fully independent stages — which can be run together or separately — the SPL TwinTube Plug-In provides a wide-ranging palette of sonic shaping, from smooth and creamy overdrive to deep, growling saturation.
- Authentic plug-in version of the world-class SPL TwinTube tube effects processor
- Adds analog tube warmth, saturation and harmonic distortion to instruments and vocals
- Boosts presence and spatial imaging without increasing overall dynamic range
- Easy, intuitive interface and simple workflow
- Developed for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform by SPL
- Requires a UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Audio Interface
Sonnox Oxford Inflator Plug-In
Developed by Sonnox for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins Platform, the Oxford Inflator does what so many dynamics processors only pretend to do — increase the apparent loudness of a mix or individual tracks without audibly affecting sonic quality or reducing dynamic range.
- Adds power, presence, and warmth to program material
- Increases perceived loudness of any source, without audibly affecting sonic quality
- Provides virtual headroom, allowing percussive peaks to pass without signal overload
- Direct and band-split modes for maximum flexibility and optimal DSP usage
- Developed for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform by Sonnox
- Requires a UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Audio interface
Now available on the UAD Powered Plug-Ins Platform via UA's Online Store, the SPL TwinTube Plug-In sells for $199US and the Sonnox Oxford Inflator sells for $179US. UAD Software v7.0 also includes the new UA-developedOcean Way Studios Plug-In, available for $349US.