Press Release: Tascam, the brand synonymous with professional recording products, today introduced the iU2 premium sound-quality audio interface for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Now users can make use of all of the features of Tascam’s best-selling USB audio interfaces (including MIDI Interface and a pair of great-sounding microphone inputs) and easily connect directly to their iDevice.
Connection via Apple’s iOS 30 pin connector or USB for Mac/PC, the iU2 features microphone inputs that have phantom power for use with high-quality condenser microphones. These feed an onboard microphone preamp and A/D converter for better sound performance than those built into iPhone and iPad – true stereo recording with low noise and less tendency to distort. The inputs also accept line-level signals or you can plug a guitar or bass directly into your device.
In addition to compatibility with iOS devices, the iU2 also works with Mac and Windows computers. A zero-latency monitoring path allows musicians to hear themselves directly through the unit, without any distracting delay. MIDI in and out is provided to interface with synths and drum machines and a digital output connects to digital mixers or recorders.
· Audio/MIDI Interface for Mac, Windows and iOS devices
· Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
· Two XLR mic inputs with phantom power
· Two balanced line inputs
· Instrument-level input for guitar or bass
· MIDI in and out
· Onboard A/D conversion for low-noise and distortion when recording with iOS devices
· Zero-latency direct monitoring
· S/PDIF Digital Output
· Powered through the iPad 32 pin apple plug
· Includes USB cable, iOS dock connection cable, XLR to ¼” conversion cables
Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4G, iPad, iPad 2, New iPad.
*Apple, iPhone, iPad and iPod are trademarks of Apple Inc.
The TASCAM iU2 is available in the UK now and has an MSRP of £149.00.