Propellerhead have announced the availability of Parsec, a new synthesizer for Reason, Propellerhead’s music production software for Mac and PC. Parsec adds a new style of synthesis to the rack and allows for a wealth of brand new sounds, textures and noises.
According to Propellerhead, "Parsec offers impressive tones for charismatic hooks, build-ups, pads, atmospheres and otherworldly sounds. It’s built to inspire, regardless of the musical genre it is used in: indiepop, techno, house or bass music."
Parsec is an additive synthesizer, based around two advanced oscillators consisting of 512 partials each that are sculpted through two 'modifiers'. There are 2 envelopes and 2 LFOs that can modulate parameters. There is also a delay and a reverb that add to the sonic palette, and a modulation bus, familiar to users of Propellerhead’s Thor synth.
Parsec features, as provided by Propellerhead:
· Additive synthesis without taxing your CPU—or your brain.
· A new palette of inspiring synth sounds for the Reason Rack.
· It's a vocoder too, with modulation from Parsec's audio input.
· Amazing sound bank with inspiring sounds for electro house, bass music, minimal techno, electronic indie and pop, far-out experimental, and more.
· Based on interesting algorithms that encourage experimentation without requiring technical knowledge of additive synthesis.
· Integrated with the Reason rack: control Parsec from other sources; run audio through it; combine it with other instruments.
· Two engines that make up a single sound. Use one engine for the attack and another for sustain. Or use both at the same time for ultra thick tones!
· Super-flexible internal routing with plenty of modulation sources.
"Parsec in Action" Video from Propellerhead:
Parsec is available immediately from the Propellerhead Rack Extension store for USD 119,- and Euro 99,-