The stagebox-cum-mixer format has proven popular over the last couple of years, and now Cornwall’s finest have joined the party!
The latest addition to the popular and ever-expanding Qu range of products is the Qu-SB, which Cornish mixer veterans Allen & Heath describe as hosting the mix engine of the Qu-32 in a compact, rackmountable format. All of the Qu-32’s DSP, including all the processing of the largest model in the Qu range, is indeed at the heart of the Qu-SB, and all the family traditions are present in this diminutive product, albeit accessed via a different interface — the Qu-Pad app. I like scalability and compatibility between products within a model range, and the Qu approach fits this concept very nicely.
If you haven’t yet explored the world of app-controlled rack mixers, the best way of describing the Qu-SB is that it looks like the rear panel of a ‘conventional’ digital mixer, in that it presents all the input and output connectors necessary to interface with stage sources and the sound system, and the unit contains all the necessary processing to deliver a full mixer functionality — you just don’t have a ‘top panel’ hardware control surface. In the case of the Qu-SB there are 16 local mic preamps and these first 16 channels are accessed via XLR (mic) and TRS (line) input connectors; a further 16 mix channels can be added by...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.