Last year, Apple released GarageBand 2.1 a day before the start of the Winter NAMM show. Despite the ‘.1’ designation this update introduced a host of new functionality, such as Live Loops, Remix FX, Drummer, and support for Audio Unit Extensions. This year the company decided to follow the same pattern, releasing GarageBand 2.2 the day before Winter NAMM began (along with an updated Logic Control app, and a new version of Logic Pro X on Mac OS).
The first thing you’ll notice when you open the app is a...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.