British company Aston have impressed us with their large-diaphragm mics, and now they’re tempting us with a laser-guided SDC!
Available both singly and as matched stereo pairs, the Starlight is the latest microphone from UK company Aston. Their previous two models, the Origin and Spirit, were large-diaphragm, side-address mics, so adding an end-fire, small-diaphragm mic to the range was the obvious next step.
Built around a 20mm gold-sputtered capsule feeding into transformerless electronics, the cardioid-pattern Starlight microphone is designed, built and tested in the UK, and we’re told that low noise and ultra-low distortion were made design priorities. As with their previous mics, the final selection of third-party capsule and in-house electronic circuitry was based on a number of blind listening tests involving leading engineers and...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.