These classy new moving-coil mics prove themselves more than capable on a range of common sources.
Designed primarily for drums and percussion, the new ‘end-fire’ Audio-Technica ATM230 dynamic microphone (pictured overleaf) adds to the Artist Series line. Drum mics need to be compact and tolerant of high SPLs, and these requirements seem admirably met by the ATM230, along with an ability to capture the tonal depth of larger toms. The mic is designed with a hypercardioid polar pattern to minimise spill...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Web Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Web subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Web sub from our shop
- A Web sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Web access to your existing subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.