It’s not so long ago that I was gushing over Bastl Instruments’ Microgranny 2, a monophonic granular sampler utilising a MicroSD card as the foundation for recording and manipulating samples, even long ones. It was no surprise to learn there were many requests to rebuild this cute, tabletop box into Eurorack form, and the Grandpa is the result.
I should start by pointing out that, despite the manual’s description of the Grandpa as a granular sampler, it doesn’t actually sample. Samples are read from a card, but in this hardware incarnation there’s no...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.