This affordable studio- and stage-friendly amp boasts extra-wide stereo effects, a looper, and direct-to-DAW USB recording.
Blackstar are now well established as manufacturers of both valve amps and digital modelling amps. This latest series falls into the latter category, but what sets it apart is the combination of affordable pricing, low weight (12.5kg), built-in looper and range of ‘Super Wide Stereo’ effects. While Blackstar have incorporated their Super Wide Stereo technology into earlier amplifiers, this is the first time it has appeared at an entry-level price in an amp powerful enough for live performance. Both 100W and 150W models are available, each of which has dual 10-inch speakers in a closed-back cabinet.
Both models sport a looper and direct-to-DAW USB recording via a speaker-emulated output. They can accept stereo line inputs via mini-jack, for playing backing tracks that might benefit from the stereo-width enhancement, and there’s also a reamping mode to allow previously recorded guitar parts to be processed via the amp....
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Web Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Web subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Web sub from our shop
- A Web sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Web access to your existing subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.