The Red 8Pre is the new flagship of Focusrite’s audio interface range. Is it their best yet?
Focusrite have always made high-end products, but until last year, the only audio interfaces among them were the Dante-powered units in the RedNet series. That changed with the Red 4Pre, a lavishly engineered and impressively specified 1U device that bridges the worlds of native Thunderbolt operation, Dante networking and Pro Tools HDX compatibility.
The Red 4Pre remains a very attractive product, but has just surrendered its position as the flagship of Focusrite’s audio interface range to the new Red 8Pre. As the name suggests, this has a good deal in common with its older sibling, and I’d urge anyone who’s interested to read...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.