Focusrite have updated and improved their Scarlett interface range.
From the desktop 2i2 and Solo units to the rackmountable 18i20, with eight built-in mic preamps and ADAT digital expandability, there are Scarlett interfaces to suit most studios. In fact, Focusrite say that since its launch in 2011, the 2i2 has become the best-selling USB audio interface in the world. Five years is a long time in music technology, however, and Focusrite have now ‘refreshed’ their range of USB interfaces to reflect new developments and changing priorities.
Popular though the original Scarletts were, they attracted criticism in some quarters. This was mainly directed at Focusrite’s control software, which some found awkward to use, and at their drivers, which didn’t offer stellar...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Web Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Web subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Web sub from our shop
- A Web sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Web access to your existing subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.