IK’s modelled bass instrument offers both realism and a fantastic degree of real-time control.
Unless you plan to record a real bass, adding convincing bass guitar to your tracks can present a challenge. Your thoughts are most likely to turn to a decent sample-based virtual instrument, but Modo Bass might just have you thinking in a different direction.
Apparently this instrument was eight years in development and was worked on in collaboration with a major university, the idea being to model not only a large number of classic basses but also to allow a realistic degree of interaction in the way the bass is played. Just like the real thing, the tone varies depending...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Web Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Web subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Web sub from our shop
- A Web sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Web access to your existing subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.