How do you follow the best-selling synthesizer of all time?
Korg’s MicroKorg is the world’s best-selling synth, and the 2002 hit that shows no signs of fading away. Despite the release of the MicroKorg XL (with its superior synthesis but subdued retro interface), Korg have reverted to the model that started it all, bringing it up to date with a stylish white look and white knobs. Whether it’s classic guitars or classic synths, it’s hard to deny that many jobbing musicians prefer continued production and gradual evolution to the endless cycle of starting over. Therefore the MicroKorg S (for Speaker) does not replace the original but slots in between it and the XL+. The speaker is the most obvious difference, but the S also has double the patch capacity and a set of...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Web Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Web subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Web sub from our shop
- A Web sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Web access to your existing subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.