UK guitar-amp company Laney take battery-powered PA to new heights with this surprisingly potent new system.
Small mains/battery amps of the type that are popular with buskers and gigging musicians have become far more serious affairs over the past few years, and the Laney Audiohub AH4X4 takes things to a new level. Weighing a manageable 6.5kg and with its Class-D amplifier rated at 35 Watts (70 Watts peak), it looks like a mini line-array speaker (540 x 175 x 175 mm) and does indeed host a quartet of four-inch drivers, though the top end is handled by a more conventional soft-dome tweeter, giving an overall frequency response of 70Hz to 20kHz. There’s also an optional tough carry bag that’s well worth getting.
For use away from...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Web Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Web subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Web sub from our shop
- A Web sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Web access to your existing subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.