I recently wanted to rig a three-mic stereo array, comprising a SoundField ST-450 mic in the centre with omni outriggers spaced 220mm either side. This is an experimental stereo rig for choirs, organ and orchestral recordings which I’ve developed from a technique established by Ron Streicher (who uses a Decca Tree array with an M-S pair instead of the forward-centre mic), combined with a stereo imaging concept described by Alan Blumlein. The idea is to combine...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.