Peavey’s smart new range of PA speakers is punchy, robust, and easy on the pocket!
Peavey PA systems have proven themselves to be effective workhorses for the gigging band, though the days of all Peavey products being built in the USA are behind us — like most affordable PA speakers, the speakers reviewed here are built in China. For this review, we were sent a Dark Matter mid/top, along with one of the subwoofers in the same range.
While the company’s popular HiSys cabinets were made from wood, the Dark Matter DM112 mid/top reviewed here is based around a trapezoidal, injection-moulded polypropylene enclosure, with angled rear edges that allow it to be used as a floor monitor in two different orientations. The moulded front port tunes the cabinet to 52Hz, a powder-coated steel grille protects the drivers, and three carry handles are moulded into...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Web Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Web subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Web sub from our shop
- A Web sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Web access to your existing subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.