DrumCore users have been waiting a very long time for a new version, but version 4 is finally here — and available for both Mac and PC.
When DrumCore first appeared in the pages of SOS, way back in February 2005, it was a loop-auditioning interface that enabled musicians and producers with hard drives full of audio and MIDI loops to organise their collections of files. At that stage it was a Mac OS X-only product that couldn’t be used as a plug-in, but it did include a very desirable drum library featuring contributions from some of the world’s best drummers.
Version 2, reviewed in December 2006, introduced tempo-sync via Rewire, more MIDI and audio loops played by world-famous musicians, and support for REX2 and Acidized files, but although both PC and Mac versions were available at that point, the software still didn’t integrate as a plug-in. When its developers, Submersible Music, finally produced a plug-in, it was a version of their KitCore virtual instrument, which had been developed to provide a simple and cost-effective way for people to make use of the drummer MIDI libraries. It was the first of Submersible’s drum-related products I had the opportunity to review and I found it very easy to use.
Soon after KitCore’s arrival, DrumCore 3 was unveiled, and this time it worked as both a stand-alone product and a VST/ RTAS/ AU plug-in. While the stand-alone component closely resembled previous...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Web Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Web subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Web sub from our shop
- A Web sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Web access to your existing subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.