These highly portable and affordable active column systems make the benefits of line-array PA more accessible than ever!
SubZero’s new SZPA-L68 PA system follows the increasingly familiar mini line-array format, with this example comprising a separate eight-inch woofer supporting a two-piece column, hosting six 2.75-inch mid/high cone drivers. Closer inspection shows that alternate drivers are angled a few degrees left and right, presumably to further increase the horizontal dispersion. The lower section is essentially a spacer to get the speakers at the right height. If you don’t need the full height, the spacer column can be left out and the top section connected directly to the woofer. While the manual describes the eight-inch speaker as a subwoofer, it might more accurately be described as a straightforward woofer as it goes down to 50Hz — which is about the same as a traditional full-range speaker cabinet. A crossover at 180Hz sends the mids and highs to the column...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.