This hardware meter includes USB interfacing and a plug-in for convenient DAW integration.
With the industry-wide drift towards loudness normalisation, we must all be acquainted with the appropriate metering tools. While there are countless variations available as third-party plug-ins and, increasingly, as built-in options for many DAWs, sometimes a hardware meter makes more practical sense. This is especially true in live broadcast mixing situations (a core market for TC Electronic), but it’s also useful for DAW-based setups, where it can free up screen real estate, the demands on which are not inconsiderable these days!
Not only have TC Electronic built up a great deal of experience in loudness metering, but the company played a leading role in the development of the international loudness normalisation standards. They also invented a bespoke and unique ‘radar’ loudness-history display, which I think is one of the more elegant solutions.
TC Electronic’s new Clarity M hardware meter draws all this experience and technology together in a very neat and capable seven-inch desktop meter system, designed...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.