Alex Wilkinson is a musician and recording engineer whose fledgling company make a variety of software and hardware products. On the software side are signal-processing plug-ins, virtual instruments, and drum and guitar-amp samples, while the hardware side currently comprises an interesting collection of specialist mic-mounting accessories. All bar one of these Wilkinson Mic Clips are designed to support two mics in a precise physical relationship to each other. The one exception is an adapter for the Sennheiser MD421 (a mic with a notoriously frustrating mounting bracket) that allows it to be used with a standard SM57-style clip.
This review focuses on: the two stereo mounts intended for ORTF and X-Y arrays using a pair of Neumann KM184s (and similarly-sized mics); a mount designed to support an SM57 alongside a KM184; and a ‘Fredman’ mount for two SM57s. All mounts...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.