Alex Wilkinson is a musician and recording engineer whose fledgling company make a variety of software and hardware products. On the software side are signal-processing plug-ins, virtual instruments, and drum and guitar-amp samples, while the hardware side currently comprises an interesting collection of specialist mic-mounting accessories. All bar one of these Wilkinson Mic Clips are designed to support two mics in a precise physical relationship to each other. The one exception is an adapter for the Sennheiser MD421 (a mic with a notoriously frustrating mounting bracket) that allows it to be used with a standard SM57-style clip.
This review focuses on: the two stereo mounts intended for ORTF and X-Y arrays using a pair of Neumann KM184s (and similarly-sized mics); a mount designed to support an SM57 alongside a KM184; and a ‘Fredman’ mount for two SM57s. All mounts...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Web Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Web subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Web sub from our shop
- A Web sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Web access to your existing subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.